Sunday, June 21, 2009

Transition from "mostly crawling" to "mostly walking"

Disclaimer: I don't actually think anyone besides my mom is interested in the specifics of this post -- however this blog is the only record I keep for my own reference, and I know once we have that mythical baby #2, I'll want to refer back!!!

Today we noticed that Leslie has completed her transition to walking. Whereas she once would walk a few steps then switch to crawling, she now chooses to walk everywhere. When she falls, she gets up to walk instead of staying on all fours. I have to admit this process went much more quickly than I expected.

We have had such a great weekend with our little one! She has become quite bossy, telling us "op" when she wants something. "Op" for the sippy cup, "op" to turn around her walking toys, "op" when she wants something to eat. Jody and I completely disagree on what "op" means. He thinks it's a random sound she's come up with...I think she is saying "help." I got my proof this morning when I asked her to say "mama," and she said "mama"...then I said "help" and she said "op." Jody still thinks I'm crazy.

Now that she finally points at things, I am amazed at how large a vocabulary she has. She can identify the following:
  • fan
  • light
  • milk
  • eyes
  • mouth
  • nose
  • ear
  • hair
  • teeth
  • fingers
  • toes
  • knees
  • Walker
  • ball
  • sun (in books, of course)
  • book
  • bubbles
  • egg
  • diaper
Anyway, I've realized that I need to step up my teaching -- because she is READY to learn.

1 comment:

recie said...

You forgot balloon and Kitty cat!